Wednesday 16 January 2019

Just found out one of my best friends from way back has passed. If I'd have known he was ill, I'd have been up there like a shot. Dave was a mentor to me in many ways. Like a big brother who shared his world view with me, that of peace, love and kindness. I loved him to bits and even though time and distance separated us, he and Susan (my big sister) were in my mind from time to time. Dave and Sue always encouraged me to find my own path. When I would return from my travels, back to Blackburn, they were the first I would visit. We would sit chatting about my exploits until the sun rose. We would laugh so hard it hurt. They put me up, fed me, made me welcome, always. We made music, Dave was a brilliant musician, very experimental, I'd provide voices and sounds for his tracks that he engineered as psychadelic soundscapes. That I can still hear now. He was a wonderful friend, a great husband to Sue and a fantastic Dad to Sarah-Jane, and grand dad too, he was a musician, a philosopher, a comedian, a poet and I loved him. See you round Dave. Rest in peace. Xxx


via Instagram http://bit.ly/2ALpnig

No comments:

Post a Comment